How to choose the E-Liquid
DIY E-Liquid | How to choose the E-Liquid | E-LIQUID CALCULATOR
How to make (DIY) Liquid for electronic cigarettes and pipes
Electronic Cigarette Liquid is just water, E-Liquid Base, flavorings and some percentage of pure nicotine.
For making Electronic Cigarette liquid, need :
- E-Liquid Base: Propylene Glycol (PG400) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG).
- E-Liquid Flavorings: You need to have FOOD GRADE, high temperature resistance and water soluble flavorings.
- Optional additives: such as E-Liquid Nicotine, herbs, or whatever additives for tobacco and herbal recipes.
- (Optional) Distilled Water: Filtered drinkable water is OK.
The E-Liquid Base are the ingredients that creates the visible smoke/fog.
Best Mix I is the mixture of Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG) to get the maximum smoking quantity for your electronic cigarette.
Normally the mixture proposition is 75% of Propylene Glycol (PG) and 25% of Vegetable Glycerin (VG), depending on the application weather temperature.
Other flavorings which have only room temperature resistance and contains either oil or sugars may not be suitable for smoking in a personal vaporizer.
Other water, such as tap water has too many chemicals to make it healthy to vaporize into your lungs.
You can put about 10%-20% of the flavor concentrate in your E-Liquid Base, depending on the followings:
- the E-Liquid Base,
- the Nicotine density,
- your personal flavoing intensity.
For your convenience, have a "E-Liquid Calculator".
DIY your own E-Liquid and to have your own unique flavor, according to the different nicotine density:
With the Empty Bottles and E-Liquid Syrings you can easily control the composition and make you ownE-Liquid according to your personal requirement.
For thicker smoke, use less water. While you are using E-Cig in higher temperarue environment or hot season, use less water. If making a solution with additives, then leave out the water and use either a few drops of additive solution or more depending on strength and taste. You will have to experiment!
The flavor strengthness will be variable with the different E-Liquid Bases and the different nicotine densities. You need to rejust the flavor strengthness with the different E-Liquid Bases and the different nicotine densities with your personal preference.
Normally you just need to put in 6%-8% of the flavoring concentrate in your E-Liquid depending on your personal strengthness of the flavor and the Nicotine density. For higher nicotine density, use a little more flavoring concentrate.
Remember that the nicotine density listed for e-liquid is the number of milligrams of nicotine per milliliter in the E-Liquid.
That means a 10ml bottle of 24mg nicotine e-liquid would have 240mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 10ml).
Likewise, a 30ml bottle of 24mg e-liquid would have 720mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 30ml).
Some trial and error will help you determine the density of e-liquid that you prefer, but there are some general guidelines.
0.5mg nicotine per cigarette, 10mg. per pack
|Light||0.7mg of nicotine per cigarette, 14 mg per pack|
|Regular||1.2mg of nicotine per cigarette, 24mg per pack|
Nicotine Density - accepted indicators:
Nicotine mg nicotine per ml.
(Mg = milligrams)
(Ml = milliliter)
Approximate Nicotine Loewe units to make your recipe Target level of nicotine. (I'm no expert on this). It is about the level of nicotine that I found most premixed E-liquid to be. I started at 24 mg and gradually decreases in the level of nicotine.
0mg to 10mg = low
11 mg to 16 mg = medium
17 mg to 24 mg = high
25 mg to 36 mg = Extra High (super strong)
You should never exceed 36 mg (dangerous, I recommend 24 mg or less).
If you are making a nicotine based liquid, there are some things you need to keep in mind.
Nicotine is a poison.
Too much can be very toxic.
Nicotine is an alkaloid found in certain plants, predominantly tobacco, and in much lower quantities in tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant and green peppers.
When absorbed in small amounts, whether from cigarettes, cigars or E-Cig, nicotine can cause stimulation, a feeling of relaxation, calmness, and alertness.
The effects of nicotine can last from minutes to hours. The carcinogenic properties of nicotine in a standalone form (i.e., separated from smoking or chewing tobacco) have not been evaluated by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, However current available literature indicates that nicotine in standalone form does not promote the development of cancer in healthy tissue and has no mutagenic properties.
DIY Your Own Special E-Liquid Formula.
Special E- Liquid Calculator Instructions
Enter Flavors and Amounts in the Calculator Chart Below
- Step 1. Enter the Name of Your Recipe in the NAME section bar at the top, or make a note of your recipe in the Note section at the bottom of the chart.
- Step 2. Enter the NICOTINE DENSITY of your nicotine base liquid. If you use the E-Liquid Base with nicotine, enter the number of the nicotine density here. If you use our 99.9% Purity
Nicotine product, enter number 999.
- Step 3. Enter the nicotine density that you want to achieve. This number should be LOWER than the above number for DILUTING.
- Step 4. Enter the amount of E-Liquid in ML that you would like to make.
- Step 5. Enter a percentage amount for DILUTING, such as Water / Alcohol / PGA. (Option: good for thinning VG based liquid - can be left at 5-10%.)
- Step 6. Enter a percentage amount for the FLAVOR CONCENTRATES that you would like to make:
Low Strength Percentage = weaker taste, can be left at about 5%
Medium Strength Percentage = medium taste, can be left at about 10%
High Strength Percentage = stronger taste, can be left at 15-20%
- Step 7. Define at 20 drops per ML, or the other amount according to the dripper you use.
- Step 8. Press CALCULATE. In case you do not make the proportion normally, you may get some error message so that you must adjust the numbers and recalculate.
- Step 9. You can PRINT out your recipe with an easy click of the button. PRINT THIS PAGE after calculation.
- Step 10. Follow the guide and mix your E-Liquid. Have fun and make your own special E-Liquid mixture while saving money. Try different mixtures each time. We have a vast selection of flavors from which to chose.
NOTE:1ml = 20drp