Pros and Cons of Nicotine Salts
Pros and Cons of Nicotine Salts
What are Nicotine Salts? The first question that comes up when someone hears the term “nicotine salts” is, what are they? Although they are commonly perceived to be some hardened form of nicotine, nicotine salts are actually pure nicotine with an added component, Benzoic Acid. This addition of Benzoic Acid to pure nicotine helps accomplish several things. Benzoic Acid is a non-toxic, plant based chemical that allows nicotine salts to be absorbed like regular e-Liquid.
Benefits As we previously stated, the addition of Benz has helped to create an entirely new substance that functions even better than the original. What are these benefits? Some of the benefits that come with using nicotine salts include:
Smoother Hits The main problem with pure nicotine, which is the nicotine that is found in traditional vape juice products, is that you can’t inhale too much of it without experiencing a harsh throat hit. This is especially true if you are trying to use a vape juice that has an extremely high nicotine content. When you add Benzoic Acid to the mix, however, it makes it so that the nicotine is easily inhaled, providing the user with smooth hits rather than harsh puffs.
More Nicotine Because users are able to hit their nicotine more smoothly using nicotine salts, this means that they can deal with vape juices that have much higher amounts of nicotine
Quicker Blood Absorption The biggest issue for users who like nicotine and who try to use pure nicotine for their fix is that it is not absorbed by the bloodstream quickly. Pair this with the fact that it is hard to hit and it is no wonder why some users may prefer cigarettes over vaping. With nicotine salts, however, the nicotine contained within your vape juice is absorbed much quicker, providing users with a similar experience to a cigarette.
Pros There are plenty of advantages that come with using nicotine salts. That being said, here are a few of the most notable pros you will experience when using nicotine salts.
– Using nicotine salts will allow you to have smoother, more enjoyable hits, even at higher nicotine levels.
– For those who are trying to find an alternative to smoking, nicotine salts are quickly absorbed in the bloodstream and provide a similar effect to a cigarette hit.
– With freebase nicotine (pure nicotine) e-juices, users have noticed that the nicotine itself tends to overpower the flavor of the vape juice. Nicotine salts, do not affect the overall flavor and are perfect for those who want more flavorful hits from their vaporizer.
– If you’re vaping for the nicotine, chances are that you are spending a lot of money on vape juice. This is even more true when considering that most vape juices are barely tolerable with low levels of freebase nicotine. When you switch to nicotine salts, you’ll notice that you’ll be spending a lot less money because you will need to take fewer hits in order to get your desired effect.
Cons Although nicotine salts are an amazing substance, there are some drawbacks associated with their use. Here are a few that you should be aware of.
– Since nicotine salts are meant to be able to provide the user with higher nicotine levels, this could be a little bit overwhelming for light smokers or for those who don’t smoke at all.
– Nicotine salts are not meant to be used with larger vape rigs. In fact, you will only see nicotine salts being used with vape pens or small e-cigarettes. For those who prefer rigs and customization, this could be viewed as a big drawback.
– Although nicotine salts can be less costly if you are not a heavy smoker, those who do go through vape juice rather quickly and will continue to do so when they start vaping nicotine salts can expect to start paying more. Nicotine salts tend to be more expensive than freebase vape juice options.
Strengths No matter whether you choose pre-filled cartridges or containers of nicotine salts, there are going to be different amounts of nicotine contained within your vape juice. Here are some general guidelines regarding nicotine concentration.
3-5mg 3 to 5 milligrams of nicotine is on the lower end of the spectrum. It is highly recommended for users who are only trying to enjoy a different flavor experience or for those who are extremely light smokers. It’s also great if you are trying to quit cigarettes.
20-35mg 20 to 35 milligrams of nicotine would be considered a medium to high amount of nicotine. This concentration is recommended for heavier smokers who are looking for a better alternative to their current cigarette habit.
50+mg 50 milligrams of nicotine is an extremely high amount of nicotine. It should only be used if you are a very heavy smoker who needs nicotine levels as high as these to be satisfied with their vape sessions.
Nicotine Salts vs. e-Liquids The term “nicotine salts” can be a little misleading. When one thinks about nicotine salts, the most obvious conclusion they draw is that these nicotine products are actually provided in a salt form. The main difference between nicotine salts and e-liquids are the mixture of benzoic acid. Benzoic acid is added to the -Liquid because they are freebase nicotine. This means e-Liquids are more pure liquid nicotine. However, nicotine salts will give you the kick and cigarette hit you crave. If you are trying to quit, salts will help out so much more.
Who Should Consider Nic Salts? The most obvious group of people who should consider using nicotine salts are smokers who are trying to transition over to a more healthy alternative. Also, those who are attempting to quit entirely by controlling the amount of nicotine they consume over time. However, those who are looking for an improved flavor experience, those who want to save a little more money, or those who prefer the look, feel, and function of much smaller vape devices may also want to consider switching to nicotine salts.
Nicotine salts are a valuable substance with many added benefits that may make it better than freebase nicotine for some users. If you are trying to quit cigarettes or if you are simply looking for a different vaping experience, use the guide above to better understand nicotine salts and what they can do for you.